Sunday, August 21, 2011

Joan Jett and The Blackhearts Live 8/19/11

I had the opportunity to catch a Joan Jett show Friday night.  Man, they really really rocked it! If you like good time, straight up, pure Rock and Roll this is a band to catch live. The group was tight musically with great vocal harmonies, they were fun and entertaining. The band played the classic Jett tunes, some Runaways classics as well as cool version of Iggy Pop and the Stooges; 'I Wanna Be Your Dog.'  A three song encore closed with a rousing version of 'Everyday People' by Sly and the Family Stone. 

Here's a photo I took from the stands toward the end of the night.


Joan's voice was powerful with fantastic timbre and intonation. Stunning really. One of the best live vocal performances I've heard. In addition, this was one of the best live outdoor mixes I've ever heard. Told the sound men so. Here's a clip of  'I Hate Myself For Loving You' a concert goer posted from Friday's performance. If you ever get a chance to see Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, jump. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment